Take the Corn Thins™ Challenge!
Do you find yourself always choosing refined crackers which leave you feeling unsatisfied? Then this is the perfect challenge for you! The Corn Thins™ challenge is a fun way to add whole grains to your diet. Whole grains contain all the parts of the grain which include the bran or the outer layer, endosperm or the middle starchy part and germ which is the nutrient packed core of the grain. All three parts of a whole grain give your body many nutrition benefits including vitamins E and B, phytochemicals, protein, and healthy fats. Whole grain containing products like Corn Thins™ slices are also linked to support your health by assisting you to maintain a healthy weight and decrease your risk of chronic disease, some cancers and heart disease.
To take part in this challenge here is what you need to do:
- Select your favourite Corn Thins™ products from https://www.cornthins.com/
- Remember 35g of crispbreads or around 6 cakes is a serve of whole grains.
- Aim to swap out the refined crackers on every day of the week and record how you went each day and your plan of action for the next day for success. Remember planning and preparation is key to successful action.
- Take note of how many whole grains serves you are having over the whole day. Corn Thins™ slices could make up 1 or 2 serves but for health it is recommended you have 3 serves a day. Other whole grain foods which make up one serve include:
- ¼ cup of cooked grains like brown rice, quinoa, couscous, or pasta.
- 40g of 1 slice of whole grain bread.
- ½ cup of cooked oats.
- ¼ cup of muesli.
- 2/3rds of a cup of flake cereal.
Remember consistency is key to lifestyle change. Make the swaps enjoyable and doable. You deserve to live your healthiest life. By adding whole grain containing foods like Corn Thins™ slices to your day you are one step closer to achieving this.