No Bake Peanut Corn Thins™ slice
Benefits of this meal
Peanut butter is not only delicious but will help to lower the glycaemic load of this meal. The glycaemic load is the amount your blood sugar will rise considering the amount and types of food eaten. Peanut butter and grapeseed oil are good sources of heart healthy monounsaturated & polyunsaturated fats which also helps to keep you feeling fuller for longer after enjoying this slice. This slice contains all three macronutrients being carbohydrates, which are found is a health promoting source from the Corn Thins™ slices which provide whole grains. Carbohydrates are the preferred energy source for your muscles when broken down into glycogen and are a preferred fuel source for your brain.
The fat and protein from the peanuts help your body in different ways. Fat is needed to help absorb the fat-soluble vitamin A, D, E and K. Fat is also needed to create hormones and suboptimal fat can lead to your body not functioning well as hormones are messengers for normal functioning in your body. Protein is the building block for the cells in your body which is especially important for maintaining for lean muscle mass. Looking at this slice it is not simply delicious but has key nutrients which support the health of your body.
1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
80g or around ½ packet of Corn Thins™ slices
1/3 cup 100% peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp extra grapeseed oil
3 tbsp honey syrup
- Place Corn Thins™ slices into a bowl and use a food processor to create a soft crumb.
- Roughly chop peanuts and add to bowl of Corn Thins™ crumb.
- In a separate bowl mix peanut butter, vanilla, extra virgin olive oil and honey and stir until combined.
- Combine both mixtures together and mix until mixture sticks together.
- Pour the mixture into a small tin and press down firmly using a spatula.
- Place tin in the fridge/freezer to set.
- Once set cut the set slice into 6 pieces.
- Keep stored in the fridge or freezer.