Why Corn Thins™ Products Are Perfect for On the Go Breakfasts
If you are like many of us, having the time to eat breakfast in between completing the never-ending list of tasks to do before leaving for work can feel impossible. Sometimes the only options are going without or eating on the run and the later is the best choice of the two. You may think you need to choose a pre-packaged breakfast bar or a not so healthy option from your local takeaway, but the good news is CORN THINS™ products make the perfect component to a breakfast on the go.
Here are some quick, throw together breakfast ideas that will not leave your body lacking in quality energy and nutrition to start your day:
- This one is for when you are the shortest on time. Using 2-3 CORN THINS™ slices top with 2 tablespoons of 100% peanut butter. Grab a banana and you can alternate between bites of CORN THINS™ slices and banana is you do not have the time to cut up the banana.
- If you want to keep your breakfast trendy try 2-3 RICE THINS™ wholegrain cakes with ½ an avocado and a 95g of tuna in spring water (drained) on top. To stop any mess in the car try combining the avocado with the tuna before placing another RICE THINS™ Wholegrain cake on top like a sandwich.
- Try a microwaved egg sandwich using 2 CORN THINS™ slices as the bread! Using a small microwave safe container, cook the egg until well done. An option is to add some grated cheddar cheese into the egg before cooking or simply add to the sandwich after. For some vegetable matter add a kale leaf or capsicum as these are not messy if they fall out.
- If you are craving yoghurt try adding into a portable container 200g of low or no fat Greek yoghurt, place 1 cup of your favorite fruit or berries from the freezer, add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and top with 2 crushed RICE THINS™ Wholegrain cakes for an amazing crunch.
- For a savory option microwave a small can of no added sugar and salt baked beans. Place into a thermos and add shredded low-fat cheddar cheese and option (if you have time some chili flakes). On top add 2 crushed CORN THINS™ slices to be able to eat with a spoon on the go. Enjoy!
Take home message: Sometimes eating breakfast on the go is your only option. Save this blog for next time you are short of time but do not want to miss out on giving your body optimal energy and nutrition to start your day.